The Ultimate CBD Snack Guide
August 26, 2020
The tidal wave of CBD products surging the market is a direct reflection of the growing demand for this purportedly therapeutic cannabinoid — and we’re completely on board! According to Forbes, CBD is expected to reach over $20 billion a year in sales by 2024, with edibles at the head of the pack.
The good news is CBD snacks and edibles are so easy to come by; you see them at your local coffee shop, grocery stores, and even big retail chains like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. However, this also makes it near impossible to decide about what businesses are reputable, and what products are high-quality or effective without doing hours of research.
This is why we wanted to craft an in-depth CBD snack guide to help you sift through all the online clutter, and give you the know-how about how to make your own tasty confections from the comfort of your own home.
Below you’ll find our top 10 CBD snack recipes, its nutritional information, and CBD content.
So, without further ado — let’s begin!
DIY CBD Snack Recipes
CBD snacks can easily be incorporated into your daily routine, and if you’re needing a little inspiration, look no further! We have scoured the internet for highly rated CBD snack recipes that can be supplemented into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Technically, you can get creative with most any homemade or store-bought snack of your choosing; simply add CBD infused coconut oil or powder — and violá! You’ve got yourself a CBD edible. However, if you’re looking for more of a gourmet experience, we’ve got you covered!
1. CBD Granola
The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 oz CBD oil
- 2 oz brown rice flour
- 2 1/2 lbs organic rolled oats
- 1 1/2 lbs dark chocolate
- 1/2 lb organic cane sugar
- 1 oz soy oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 oz hemp seeds
- 1/2 oz whole flaxseed
- 1/2 oz molasses
- Colored sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix your cane sugar, salt, flaxseed, molasses, rolled oats, soy oil, cane sugar, brown rice flour, and hemp seeds into your mixing bowl.
- Spread combined ingredients in an even layer on a parchment-covered sheet pan; bake for 45 minutes, making sure to stir it every 10 minutes to help keep things cook evenly.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan, filling it halfway up with water.
- Take a small glass mixing bowl and place it over the saucepan of hot water — making sure the water and bowl don’t physically touch.
- Pour and stir the chocolate in the small glass mixing bowl until it melts, then remove from heat.
- Combine CBD Oil into the chocolate, and mix well.
- Once you take your granola out of the oven, you’ll want to coat it with your freshly melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- Let it cool until the chocolate hardens, then place it in an airtight container — and you’re done!
The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe yields 6 servings.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- ½ cup of coconut butter
- 2 drops CBD oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Baking sheet
- Muffin cup
- Baking pan
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat.
- Add in cacao powder and whisk with the spatula until it is lump-free.
- Stir honey in and whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Prep the baking pan by placing the baking sheet on top of it; then evenly distribute the mixture in muffin cups on the baking sheet with the pan.
- Cool in the refrigerator until your mixture hardens.
- In another small saucepan, melt your coconut butter over a burner that’s on low heat.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then add in CBD oil and whisk together.
- Take the chocolate mixture out of the refrigerator; and drizzle your CBD oil and coconut butter mixture over the 6 muffin cups.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the CBD and coconut butter mixture is semi-hard.
- Now you’re ready to take it out and enjoy! Just be sure to store them in the fridge so they don’t melt, and you’ll be good to go.
Just in time for summer! CBD popsicles are by far the easiest CBD snack recipe on our list. If you can make a smoothie, you can make CBD infused popsicles.
The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe will yield about 25 mg of CBD.
- Your choice of fruit juice or fruit pulp
- CBD oil, tincture, or isolate
- Popsicle molds, or plastic cups
- Popsicle sticks
- Blend fruit juice and CBD oil together
- Pour into mold or plastic cups
- Place a popsicle stick in mold or plastic cup
- Place in the freezer until frozen
*For more nutrition, some users add in a vitamin mix like you would a smoothie before freezing.
4. Meatless CBD Wrap
This CBD snack is perfect for our vegetarian and vegan friends as it is meatless. We also like the freedom this recipe provides; the condiments and ingredients are whatever you want them to be. The condiments or sauce you opt for will be the base you’ll be adding your CBD oil into. You’ll want to start by spreading your sauce evenly inside a flour tortilla, then drizzle your CBD over it. Next, simply add whatever vegetables and protein substitutes you want like tofu or vegan ground beef — then roll it up, and enjoy!
The great thing about this recipe is you can create any combination of ingredients you like, making it completely customizable for picky eaters, or those on a specialized diet.
The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe yields 2 servings and 175 mg of CBD.
- .33 grams of 99% CBD isolate powder
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup of agave
- Blend all ingredients ( minus the chia seeds) on high for one minute.
- Pour contents in a small mixing bowl
- Pour chia seeds in and whisk together for about 2 minutes.
- Place mixture in two air-tight containers or mason jars, and put in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, allowing the chia seeds to gelatinize.
- Add fruit of your choice and enjoy!
This CBD snack is ideal for on-the-go or active CBD users that are looking for an easy, healthy, and tasty way to incorporate it into their busy lifestyles! Remember, you can always make substitutions for most of these recipes if you’re looking to avoid a particular food group.
The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe yields 24 servings.
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 1/4 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup crisped rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 – 4 tablespoons CBD infused coconut oil
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup honey
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Coat your mini-muffin tray with canola or non-infused coconut oil, then set aside.
- Bake almonds and coconut on a baking tray for about 7-10 minutes, or until the coconut starts darkening. Remove, then allow to cool.
- Combine coconut, toasted almonds, and dried cherries in a food processor and blend for two or three pulses.
- Combine almond, coconut, and cherry mixture with hemp seeds, turmeric, and crisped rice cereal.
- Cream together your cannabis-infused coconut oil and honey in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for one minute. Take it out and stir the mixture before cooking it for one more minute.
- Add the vanilla extract and infused-coconut oil and honey mixture together; making sure to saturate the rest of your dry ingredients with it.
- After everything is combined, you’ll want to quickly pour two tablespoons into each muffin tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove CBD bites from the oven and allow them to thoroughly cool before removing from muffin pans.
- Eat and enjoy!
This protein-laden CBD snack is great for users on the keto diet, or those trying to watch their sugar intake. The actual CBD content is dependent on the potency of CBD oil, tincture, or isolate you will be using, but this particular recipe contains about 10 mg of CBD and yields about 24 servings.
- 240 mg of CBD Isolate
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 2 30-gram scoops of hemp protein powder
- 8×8 inch pan
- Double broiler
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Line your 8x8in pan with parchment paper
- Fill the bottom pan of your double boiler with 1-2 inches of water, and set to medium heat.
- Place peanut butter in the top portion of your double boiler until softened.
- Add CBD isolate into softened peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Combine hemp protein powder and coconut flour into the mixing bowl.
- Add your CBD-infused peanut butter into the mixing bowl and combine it with your other ingredients.
- Pour batter into the lined baking sheet, and mold it into place.
- Warm a small saucepan on low heat, then add chocolate chips until melted.
- Pour over your baking sheet mixture, making sure to coat it evenly using a spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour, or until firm.
- Once cooled, use a knife to cut into square bars.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Be sure to keep them stored in the refrigerator so they won’t melt!
This easy-to-make trail mix is made for users that want a potent, yet quick and “nut-ritious” CBD snack that is perfect for the health enthusiast in us all. That said, if you have a nut allergy, DO NOT make or attempt to eat this product! As always, the actual CBD content will depend on the potency of the oil, isolate or tincture you’re using.
- CBD oil, isolate, or tincture
- 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of salted cashews
- 3/4 c. cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Store in a resealable container, bag, or jar and take it with you on your adventures!
This superfood salad is packed with healthy ingredients, which is ideal for vegetarians or for CBD users looking for a nutritious CBD snack that is flavorful and refreshing.
Keep in mind the amount of CBD you’ll get is dependent on the potency of CBD you will be using to make your CBD infused coconut oil or butter, but this particular recipe yields about 25 mg of CBD per salad using a dressing made from clarified butter aka ghee — which you can learn to make here.
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 tbsp CBD ghee (clarified butter)
- ½ cup croutons
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of tahini
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small mixing bowl
- Salad bowl
- Combine olive oil, water, tahini, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and CBD ghee in a small mixing bowl; stir until evenly mixed, then set aside.
- Wash kale and cut into bite-sized chunks, then put in a large serving or salad bowl.
- Sprinkle croutons, carrots, and nutritional yeast over kale and toss well.
- Drizzle the tahini lemon dressing you made earlier over your newly assembled salad — and enjoy!
10. CBD Infused Vinaigrette Dressing
While not technically a CBD snack, this versatile vinaigrette dressing can be used over your favorite snacks, salads, and entrées. The potency of this recipe is 100% dependent on the strength of the CBD product you’ll be using to infuse it with. There is always the pre-made CBD olive oil you can use to save yourself the time and hassle of doing it yourself.
- 1 cup CBD-infused olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Frying pan
- Warm olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes until they start blistering, then remove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, throw tomatoes in the blender, add your vinegar, and set the blender to purée setting.
- Toss in your spices, mustard, and CBD infused oil, then blend again.
There you have it! We hope you found our CBD snack guide helpful in deciding on which CBD snacks to make, how to make them — and which ones would benefit you and your lifestyle the best.
We’d also love to hear about your experiences and what your favorite CBD snacks are! Have you tried making, or bought any of the recommendations on our list? Have you tried pairing them with a beverage or CBD infused cocktail? Let us know!
Is CBD Oil Legal In Texas? - What You Need to Know October 23, 2020 Currently, the CBD oil market is bursting apart at the seams — it’s put into coffee, smoothies, and other edible confections at local cafes, health food stores, and even gas stations. With that, a...
What Does It Mean for CBD to be USDA Approved? September 24, 2020Finding CBD products “claiming” to be organic is so easy, you can do it with your eyes shut. In all seriousness, most CBD companies can’t put their money where their mouth is, and a majority of...
Will CBD Show Up on a Drug Test? July 20, 2020CBD (cannabidiol) products can now be found everywhere from online to your local health food store. It is a cannabinoid found in cannabis and is studied for its potential health benefits and many people use it for easing...
“Best bang for your buck on the market that I am aware of. 43 Solutions CBD has helped me sleep well, be more calm and collected, helped with various aches and pains, and tastes great too. Give it a try before reaching for prescription anti-anxiety or sleep meds.”