The Ultimate Guide on How to Make 1000 mg CBD Salve
May 6th, 2023
But what if you want to make a CBD salve yourself?
Is it all that hard? Is it worth the effort?
While this may all depend on the salve recipe and carrier oil used, hopefully, these directions for a topical cannabis salve will help you make your first batch!
Feel free to skip down to the start of the directions or read more about CBD salve and how it can help with pain relief – most notably joint and muscle pain.
The Inside Scoop on CBD Salve: What’s It All About?
So before we do a deep dive into the creation of CBD salve, let’s make sure we are all on the same page on what CBD salve is – and what it is NOT. We’re here to clear things up and give you the lowdown.
CBD salve is a fantastic topical product crafted with CBD oil (sometimes referred to as cannabis oil), a base (think beeswax or shea butter), and often some extra goodies like essential oils for added benefits. The whole idea behind this marvelous creation is to provide a way for you to apply CBD directly to your skin. Yup, no need to swallow any pills or hold oil under your tongue – just smooth it on and let it work its magic.
While topical CBD products are often grouped together, CBD creams, CBD lotion, and a cannabis salve may vary in consistency and how they feel. For example, a homemade CBD salve will likely be much softer than a CBD balm.
Why Should I Use CBD Salve?
Now, you might be asking yourself, “Why would I want to put CBD on my skin?”
CBD salves are popular because they can target specific areas of your body. So, if you’re dealing with some achy muscles, joint discomfort, or even dry, irritated skin, a CBD salve might just be your new best friend when it comes to pain relief.
The beauty of CBD salves is that they’re super versatile. You can find them in a range of strengths and with various ingredients, so you can pick one that suits your needs and preferences. Plus, since they’re applied topically, you don’t have to worry about any of the CBD getting lost in your digestive system – it’s going straight to where it’s needed most – great for chronic pain relief or to soothe sore muscles.
Some users have also claimed that it has helped provide relief from rheumatoid arthritis and other skin conditions.
So grab your coconut oil, essential oils, and CBD concentrate – let’s roll up our sleeves, treat up our muscle aches, and dig into this DIY CBD salve recipe. Trust us, it’s easier than you’d think!
CBD Salve Recipe & Instructions
Here is a list of step-by-step instructions for your very own cannabis salve recipe using CBD oil, beeswax, and essential oils.
Part 1: Gathering Up Your Ingredients and Equipment
First things first, let’s talk about what you’ll need to make this happen. Here’s a list of ingredients and gear to get you started:
- 1000mg CBD oil (make sure it’s top-notch quality!)
- 2 oz. beeswax (we’re all about that natural goodness)
- 4 oz. coconut oil (coconut oil adds a good consistency to the mix, but you can also use sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, sunflower oil, arnica oil, or olive oil for good results. A delicate oil will help with the texture. )
- Essential oils of your choice (we dig peppermint essential oil for your first time. Other great essential oils include tea tree oil, calendula oil, and lavender essential oil.)
- Double boiler (or just a heatproof bowl on top of a pot with water but the double boiler works best)
- Digital scale (gotta get those measurements just right so you know how much CBD oil is being used for the right consistency)
- Stirring stick or spatula (for mixin’ it all up)
- Container for your salve (a small jar or tin will do the trick – something that gives your own style to a homemade cannabis salve)
Part 2: Melting and Mixing the Ingredients for Your Homemade Cannabis Salve
Alright, now that we’ve got everything we need, it’s time to get cooking.
Let’s walk through the process step by step:
- Weigh your beeswax: Pop your digital scale on the counter and measure out 2 oz. of beeswax. Pro tip: use a bit of parchment paper to keep things tidy.
- Get your double boiler ready: Fill the bottom pot of your double boiler with water, just enough to touch the bottom of the top pot or bowl, and put it on the stove. If you ain’t got a double boiler, no sweat! Just place a heatproof bowl on top of a pot filled with water, and you’re good to go.
- Melt the beeswax: Toss the beeswax in the top pot or bowl of your double boiler and set the heat to medium-low. Let it melt slowly, stirrin’ occasionally. Patience is key here, folks!
- Add the coconut oil: Once the beeswax has melted, it’s time to mix in the coconut oil. Measure out 4 oz. of the coconut oil and stir it into the beeswax. Keep that heat low and let the mixture melt together.
- Mix in the CBD oil: Now for the star of the show! Measure out your 1000mg CBD oil and mix it into the beeswax and coconut oil combo. Make sure it’s all mixed in really well.
- Add essential oils: Last but not least, it’s time to give your salve some extra pizzazz with essential oils. We recommend adding around 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils, but feel free to get creative with your scents!
Adding essential oils is the step where you have the chance to add your own signature to the cannabis salve recipe.
We have even heard of some people using their own homemade infused oil to mix in with their CBD salves!
Part 3: Pouring and Cooling the Salve
We’re almost there, folks! Just a couple more steps and you’ll have your very own CBD salve:
- Prep your container: Grab the container you picked out for your CBD salve (preferably a glass jar) and make sure it’s clean and dry. If it’s got a lid, even better! That’ll keep your salve fresh and ready to use. This can even be a baking sheet
- Pour the mixture: Carefully pour your CBD salve mixture into the container. Be sure to do this while it’s still warm and liquidy so it sets up just right.
- Let it cool: Now comes the waiting game. Let your salve cool down at room temperature. This may take a few hours, but trust us, it’s worth it. If you’re in a hurry, pop it in the fridge for a quicker cool-down. This is where a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil will help with hardening.
- Put a lid on it: Once your CBD salve has cooled and solidified, put a lid on your container to keep it fresh and protected.
- Label it: You don’t want to forget what’s in that jar, so go ahead and slap a label on it. Jot down the ingredients and the date you made it, so you’ll know when it’s time to whip up a fresh batch. Don’t forget to label your essential oils as the infused oil you use can set you apart from other cannabis salves.
Part 4: Using Your Homemade CBD Salve
Congratulations, you’ve done it!
You’ve now made your own 1000mg CBD salve following our cannabis salve recipe guide. But, keep in mind that you do not have to follow this CBD salve recipe down to each exact detail.
Get creative! Try using different essential oils or carrier oils to craft your own version of this CBD salve recipe.
But now you might be wondering, “How do I use this magical concoction?” No worries, we got you.
How to Apply Cannabis Salve to your Skin
Clean the area: Before applying your CBD salve, make sure your hands and the area of your skin where you’ll be applying it are squeaky clean.
Apply a small amount: Scoop up a little bit of the salve with your fingers and gently rub it onto the desired area. Remember, a little goes a long way, so start small and add more as needed.
Massage it in: Take a minute or two to really massage the salve into your skin. This will help it absorb better and give you a little extra love in the process.
Wait for the magic: Give it some time to work its wonders. You might start feelin’ the soothing effects within a few minutes, but it could take a bit longer for others. Just be patient and let the CBD do its thing.
Reapply as needed: Feel free to use your salve as often as you need. Listen to your body and reapply when you feel it’s time for another dose.
Wrapping Up our Cannabis Salve Recipe
So there you have it, folks! Now you know how to make your own 1000mg CBD salve from scratch. Not only is it super easy, but you also get to control the ingredients and customize it to your liking. Plus, it makes a great gift for your fellow CBD-loving friends.
Remember, the world of CBD is vast and ever-growin’. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different essential oils or even try infusing your own CBD oil from hemp flowers. The sky’s the limit! And as always, make sure to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new health regimen.
So, go on and enjoy the fruits of your labor – you’ve earned it! Here’s to happier, healthier days ahead with your homemade CBD salve.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel? March 26, 2023Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of over a hundred different types of cannabinoids found in the hemp plant and is the compound that people seek out for its potential therapeutic benefits - ranging from assisting with anxiety, pain...
Benefits of Sunflower Oil: Is it Good for You?
Benefits of Sunflower Oil: Is it Healthy for You? March 28, 2021There are many different plant-based oils that can be used for a variety of products including well-known options like olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil. While you may be familiar with many of these...
Is Hemp Oil the Same as CBD Oil? A Detailed Comparison
Is Hemp Oil the Same as CBD Oil? A Detailed Comparison February 22, 2021Since the 2018 farm bill allowed for broader hemp cultivation in the United States, the market has been flooded with all sorts of cannabis products. This, along with cannabis-related marketing...
“Best bang for your buck on the market that I am aware of. 43 Solutions CBD has helped me sleep well, be more calm and collected, helped with various aches and pains, and tastes great too. Give it a try before reaching for prescription anti-anxiety or sleep meds.”
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.